Thursday, June 24, 2010

Alaskan Adventure


We recently returned from a just shy of a week trip to Alaska. To say that is was beautiful would be an understatement. Never before have I seen such vast, untouched land. And the land that has been touched, has been caressed ever so gently so as not to perturb any of the natural dwellers.

I could get into the day by day play of our trip, but I don't think I could recreate some of the more special moments. Not that I have anything against sharing, but I like to keep some things sacred (read: off the damn internet). So instead of a narration, I have offered a few glimspes into our journey, caption free.

Furthermore, this trip to Alaska solidified two things for me. 1) That I want to move out to the Pacific northwest as soon as I can. and 2) That travel and exploration are what bring me to the contention that I often long for in the city. It is when I am taken out of my comfort zone that I truly feel the most comfortable, the most at home.








23 comments:

  1. 生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。.................................................................                           

    ReplyDelete
  2. 如果成為一支火柴,也要點亮一個短暫的宇宙;如果是一隻烏鴉,也要叫疼閉塞的耳膜。.................................................................

    ReplyDelete
  3. 過去的事早已消失,未來的事更渺不可知,只有現在是真實的................................................

    ReplyDelete
  4. 生存乃是不斷地在內心與靈魂交戰;寫作是坐著審判自己。. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. 唯有用熱情、用智慧去觀察事物,這事物才會把他的秘密,洩漏給我們......................................................................

    ReplyDelete